Pages

Wednesday 17 May 2017

Tales of a Christian Aid Collector

Sunday: deliver envelopes.

Monday (raining):
Ring doorbells to collect envelopes before too many get lost.


Second House on Monday:
"Good Evening, I've come to collect the Christian Aid envelope"
"Sorry, don't think we got one" [Thinks - I pushed it through your door less than a day ago]

Third House:
"Good Evening, I've come to collect the Christian Aid envelope I delivered yesterday"
"Sorry, it must have been taken by the people downstairs and they're not in".

Following House:
"Good Evening, I've come to collect the Christian Aid envelope I delivered yesterday"
"Ah yes.  I think I've seen it.  Hold on."  Door closes.
Pause.
15 seconds
30 seconds
45 seconds. 

Figure seen returning through door window. 

Smiles a friendly smile.

Returns empty envelope.

No comments: