Pages

Saturday 23 December 2017

The Wonders of Christmas Cards 6: Let's turn to Carol number . . . .


Singing Angel is the name of this picture - it's on the back of the card, trust me.  It has holly on its head - I think this may be a misunderstanding of holy, holy, holy which angels are known to use.

The angel is singing from a book.

This strikes me as very strange.  Truth be told I know pretty much all the basic Christmas Carols off by heart after just a few decades of Christmases.  What's with this angel which has had far longer (if heaven works like that which I don't think it does) to learn the words and the music?  Maybe it's a junior angel, still learning the material?  Still, you'd have thought they'd have used the senior angels for something as important as Christmas . . .

No comments: