Pages

Tuesday 26 November 2019

Proxy

The upcoming December 12 election is the first time in my quite long electoral history when I have been out of the country for a General Election, and at relatively short notice.

It has brought me to the Proxy Vote.  This is where you nominate someone to cast your vote on your behalf because you are not able to do so on the day.


The Proxy Vote has also brought me many interesting comparisons with a much bigger representation issue.

First, your proxy must be qualified to vote.  So, for example, you can'task your friendly Member of the House of Lords to do it for you.  Or your cat.  Or President Trump etc.

Secondly, they have to be willing.  They cannot be forced to be your Proxy by you or anyone else.  They do it for you of their own free will.

Thirdly, of course, you have to trust your Proxy.  They could simply use the Proxy vote for their own purposes and ignore your wishes.  Because it is a secret ballot nobody, apart from them, could ever know.

MEANWHILE

the Scriptures teach me that I have a Greater Proxy in a Greater Place.

Jesus is fully qualified to represent me for he, too, is human.
Jesus is willing to represent me, because he loved me and gave himself for me.
Jesus is trustworthy and he who began a good work in us will carry it to completion.

Praise God!

No comments: