Pages

Tuesday 11 February 2020

Storm Ciara

It was a very wet and windy Sunday.

I'm not a huge fan of the over-safety culture in which we live, but nonetheless I tweeted a warning for people to think twice about the safety of travelling to our morning service.  Probably more related to common sense than my tweeting, several people hunkered down and stayed indoors.

Then, later on I discovered that the Queen had also stayed at home instead of her usual visit to the Church in Sandringham.  I don't expect she'd read my tweet, but for a 93 year old it seemed very wise too.

I reflected on this a bit.

Here's Psalm 104:
Bless the Lord, O my soul!
Lord my God, You are very great:
You are clothed with honor and majesty,
Who cover Yourself with light as with a garment,
Who stretch out the heavens like a curtain.
He lays the beams of His upper chambers in the waters,
Who makes the clouds His chariot,
Who walks on the wings of the wind,
Who makes His angels spirits,
His ministers a flame of fire.
Unshockingly the monarch of Great Britain can be held back by the wind.

But the King of kings can, as it were, walk all over it.

No comments: