Pages

Thursday 14 May 2015

At the top

As Prime Minister David Cameron prepares for the new Parliament we celebrate Ascension Day.



Mr Cameron, it turns out, won a far more complete victory than even he expected.  He secured a majority.

Jesus did not.  He won an absolute victory.  He left sin and death and hell and Satan in his wake.  I'm glad I follow Jesus.

Mr Cameron has indicated that he will not last longer than the next five years (maybe that was before he knew he was going to win?).

Jesus has not.  To the contrary he has begun his heavenly session which is destined never to be diminished, though it includes another visit to earth as reigning king.  I'm glad I follow Jesus.

Mr Cameron expressed his wish to promote the unity of the United Kingdom (in th face of it politically starting to fall apart).

Jesus did too.  Except that he prayed and promised that his people would be perfectly united and for ever with him and within the fellowship with God.  And that all creation will be reconciled and brought to oneness in him too.  I'm glad I follow Jesus.

No comments: