Pages

Tuesday 6 December 2016

Christmas Card Mysteries: No 1

The Christmas cards have started to arrive!  I love Christmas cards, despite spending most Decembers blogging about the weirdness that many contain.

One thing that everyone once concerned themselves about was sending their Christmas cards in time.  The Royal Mail have helpfully always supplied deadline dates.  But now we live in a social media world and people can send their Christmas Cards for free.

I've had two already.

But why?

How long does it take to send an email or a Facebook message?  Surely the right time to send such cards is on the day they celebrate - Christmas Day?  But no - they seem in general to arrive BEFORE the deadline for posting to Pitcairn Island.  It's a mystery.

Truth be told I don't much care for electronic cards.  I'm struggling to articulate why.  This card is an example of why I'm struggling to articulate why.

I can't help thinking that with a design like this it might as well be tweeted as posted!


No comments: