Pages

Thursday 23 May 2019

Top Ten Funeral Songs 2018: 7. Unforgettable (Nat King Cole)

2018:  The Co-operative Funeral Services list of Top Ten Funeral Songs (now containing no Christian songs or hymns).  I'm looking at the merits and demerits of the top ten, and this time number 7 - 'Unforgettable' performed by Nat King Cole  . . .


Why it's good for a funeral:


Funerals help us remember - to make someone more unforgettable.


Why it's bad for a funeral:


It's nothing to do with death, life in general, or life beyond death - just a sweet romantic song.


Line that's most like a Christian song:


It's incredible that someone so unforgettable thinks I'm unforgettable too.


Line that's least like a Christian song:


'Darling' [It's the one word in the song that means, however hard you try, you can't associate it with your relationship with God!]


A Quote from (singer) Nat King Cole:


'I'm in the music business for one purpose - to make money'

Why I don't want this song at my funeral:


I have no interest in being unforgettable - at least by humans. 


A better Christian alternative:



No comments: